Good news!!! I have one more bridesmaid. I was fretting about budget etc and went against my instinct and asked just two of the girls I had in mind. It didn’t quite sit right, when I asked her and she accepted, everything felt complete.
Wedding party complete. Now begins the great venue hunt. A combination of joining a few wedding websites, plus signing up to nearly everything at the National Wedding Show, I’ve a huge collection of brochures and ebrochures.
The agreed requirements for the venue:
1) Able to hold a civil service
2) Have accommodation for me. & H2B, my Mum & Dad plus the. in-laws.
3) Reasonable accommodation nearby for our guests.
4) A nice garden/grounds. Preferably with a terrace area for drinks outside (optimistic weather wish)
5) No too big! You lose all atmosphere with a half empty room.
Armed with the criteria and a wonderful spreadsheet that allows us to price up the venues, I’ve whittled the numbers down to 8 prospective venues.
We’ve taken a look at two already. The first one was a beautiful building (hotel), but was on a main road with little to no grounds. That was a disappointment. And also a lesson that the brochures can be misleading.
We need to make appointments for about six more venues. I’m always on the lookout for more. Now I try not to form too stronger opinion until we’ve actually seen the place.